Design and Manufacture
TADACT is an organisation with the capabilities to think, design, create and modify outside of the box.
With a team of volunteers whose skills range from engineering to sewing and an occupational therapist on staff, TADACT is able to make a big difference in the lives of children and adults with a disability and older people by providing assistive equipment that problem-solves for the individual. Some examples of our recent work include:
- a canopy designed and manufactured for a motorised scooter, which now enables its user, who has a disability, to travel to and from work independently, irrespective of weather conditions
- the addition of a metal bar by a qualified engineer to a walking frame for a 2 year old by with cerebral palsy, for whom the walker would have been otherwise unsuitable
- a modified splint to enable grasp of a kick-board for swimming, a forearm support to enable use of a bicycle handlebar and a one-handed fishing rod all to be used by a 6 year old girl missing most of her right hand below the wrist joint
- rehabilitation platforms for Calvary Hospital that enable patients to practice on curb-height steps as they regain their mobility following an injury or illness
- made-to-measure bathroom steps for both Hughes Primary School and the Southern Cross Early Childhood School in Scullin